Andrew Fowler Biography
Andrew Fowler is a composer, arranger, pianist and vocalist. His eclectic output reflects a wide ranging interest in music of all kinds, from Bach to the Beatles. He is the Music Director at Trinity United Methodist Church in Conway, South Carolina, and teaches at Coastal Carolina University. His works have received acclaim in venues such as Avery Fisher Hall, the Lincoln Center, the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, the Nobel Conference on Peace, and Piccolo Spoleto. His song cycle "Songs of Travel" was recently performed at the College Music Society International Conference in Sydney, Australia in July, 2017.
Hear selections from the cycle at: https://soundcloud.com/andyfowler
His interest in local and state history has led to the creation of works such as Lowcountry Voices, Over Yonder's Ocean, Tales of the King's Highway, and his opera The Prince of Tides, based on Pat Conroy's celebrated novel. Fowler has served on the faculties of Auburn University at Montgomery, the University of North Texas, and the University of Texas at Austin. He received his B.A. (piano) and M.A. (music theory) from the University of South Carolina and the Ph.D. (music theory) from the University of Texas at Austin.
- Gold Standard: a nine track album of original music and "covers" of the "Great American Songbook"
- Piano Sonata
- The Beatitudes (SATB/Orchestra)
- Eoan: Trombone/Piano
- Angelic Host Proclaim (a Christmas Cantata): Chorus and Orchestra
- Theodosia's Wedding Day Suite: Jazz Sextet
- New Britain/Amazing Grace: Concert Band (An alternate arrangment for Chamber Orchestra and also Trombone/Euphonium Solo, Piano, and Djembe are also available.)
- Yuletide Moon (a Holiday album): @ AndrewFowler/Bandcamp.com
- Songs of Travel (a Song Cycle): Baritone/Piano
- New Britain/Amazing Grace: Chamber Orchestra
- Blue Heron: for solo Horn in F
- Love Is Not Love (Sonnet 116): Flute Choir/SSAATB/Perc/Guitar/Double Bass
- A Lovely Light (a Song Cycle ): Soprano/Piano
- Duetto: Flute/Guitar
- Fading Sun: Six track EP (@ andrewfowler.bandcamp.com)
- How Can I Keep from Singing: SATB/Organ
- Concertato on "Christ Arose": SATB/Brass Quintet/Timpani/Organ